Thursday, 26 April 2012


Bright and Beautiful

He tapped urgently, asked for my attention,
as I stood waiting for the signal to go green;
I searched his eyes, for signs of embarrassment,
or fear or shame or longing.
I looked into his eyes probing the depths
But just could find, a careless glance.

Reaching for my purse, my eyes didn’t
leave him even for a moment;
Placing the coins on his soiled hands
My motherly instincts let my hands reach for his cheeks
Halting fleetingly for a few seconds
Before reaching the grubby cheeks.

His eyes beamed a perky smile
And as if to return the kindness,
He cautioned me of some danger ahead
Which he knew from passersby.

I queried if he wasn’t scared of the impending danger?
He laughed a confident laughter
Pointing to his legs, told me they’ll carry him faster.
He left to join the others at the light,
And left me with his laughter in my ears.

I wished, his legs will sure take him fast
From this bleak, dark future,
To a more promising one,
A future bright and beautiful………………..


No comments:

Post a Comment